Training & Development
Our mission is to assist employees in gaining the knowledge and skills needed to be successful in a fast-paced, customer driven, student focused, University environment. We provide a variety of training and educational activities, classes, and seminars for University faculty and staff, which assists our constituents in improving institutional effectiveness. Our mission is to partner with all UNT System institutions to meet the training & development needs of each institution. This is accomplished through the delivery of a variety of training and educational resources, activities, and sessions for faculty and staff across the UNT System. The Client Services staff focuses on working with institutional leaders to predict and develop strategies/approaches that continue to build a workforce capable of accomplishing our shared strategic goals.
Quick Reference Resources
- Manager/Employee Self Service Training Reource and User Guide
- Setting Up Your Electronic Signature
- Select Direct Reports - UPK Training Module Link
- Select Direct Reports -- Frequently Asked Questions
- Employee Self Service (ESS) User Guide
- Employee Self Service (ESS) Training Material Link
- Manager Self Service (MSS) User Guide
- Manager Self Service (MSS) Training Material Link
All employees are encouraged to participate in training and development activities. Classes or seminars are free, and are available on a first-registered, first-trained basis. Class size is limited according to the capacity of the rooms in which they are held. Participants should register early in order to ensure a place. Employees wishing to attend a class or seminar should first obtain approval from their supervisor. For all sessions, a minimum of ten (10) registrants will be required to conduct the class. Sessions not meeting this minimum number of registrations will be canceled. Cancellation notices will be emailed to participants the day prior to the session, when possible. Training registration is done through the employee self service portal. UNT, UNT Dallas, and UNT System employees should visit "My UNT" and UNT Health Science Center employees should vist "My HSC". The buttons below will open in a new tab to the designated portal. This handout shows how to navigate within the portal to the training and development area. How to use self service registration.
- BSC Calendar Quick Reference Guide
- Microsoft Online Training: Learn how to maximize your uses of Access, Excel, OneNote, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint, Visio, Word and Office.