The Purchasing Card program is offered to help simplify small dollar purchasing needs. The information and job aides below are provided to assist you in understanding the purchasing card program policy and guidelines. Items are listed in alphabetical order. The type of items you will find on this resource list includes links to outside sources and visual job aides. All forms are available in the BSC Form Library.
- BSC Purchasing Card Quick Reference Guide
- Global Card Management System (GCMS)
- Application form - Complete this form to apply for a purchasing card. Form requires approval signatures.
- Citibank - Customizing Password
- Citibank - Cardholder Handout
- Citibank - How to Split a Transaction in GCMS
- Citibank - Reconciler Handout
- Disputed Transactions - If the cardholder notes a disputed transaction they should contact the supplier. If the dispute cannot be resolved with the supplier, the cardholder should contact Citibank at the number on the back of the purchasing card to file a dispute over the telephone. Citibank will then email the appropriate form to the cardholder. The cardholder should attach a copy of any disputed form filed with Citibank with the monthly transaction documentation.
- Lost/Stolen Cards - For lost or stolen cards, call Citibank with the number on the back of your Purchasing Card at 1.800.248.4553 immediately to report that the Purchasing Card is missing and request a replacement. Direct Citibank to mail you the replacement card at your departmental mailing address. Also, call the Purchasing Card Administrator at 940.565.3204 or 855.868.4537 and your department manager to advise that you have called Citibank.
- Monthly Data Entry Deadlines - At the conclusion of each billing cycle, all transactions recorded in GCMS should have a major description category designated and the fund source verified. An excel or pdf report should be printed/requested and transaction documentation should be reviewed. Appropriate documentation should be kept in departmental files according to retention guidelines and furnished upon request by the BSC or Internal Audit. Click on the link above for FY13 dates.
- Purchasing Card Abuse - If you observe or suspect abuse of Purchasing Card Program Guidelines, you may submit an anonymous concern using this Report Purchasing Card Abuse form.
- Receipts - Itemized receipts are required. A good receipt includes the date of purchase, the name of the business, a description of what was purchased, the total amount paid, and the method of payment.
- Tax Exempt Certificates - Purchases paid for with the purchasing card are tax exempt for State of Texas vendors. If tax is paid, the cardholder is responsible for having a refund credited back the card.
- Vendor Status Checks - When making a purchase over $500.00, a vendor hold search must be conducted before making the purchase. TINS - Vendor Hold Search
- Approved Click Wrap Agreements - Click wrap agreements are contracts that are executed when a user clicks "I agree" to terms and conditions online. The BSC purchasing team reviews and provides a list of approved companies that purchases can be made from without further approval.