Be sure to check with your departmental computer support manager/group before obtaining a Quote. Many departments have special support requirements. By checking with them first, you'll be sure to get the exact configuration recommended. If you don't check with them first, there is a possibility that you'll mistakenly purchase a configuration that your computer support team is unable to support.
Important Notes about Ordering from Apple:
- Apple Computer Pricing Information
- Click on "Recommended Systems" on the upper right hand side of the page to see current campus standard systems as recommended by the UNT Distributed Computing Support Managers.
- To qualify for support by MMS, all purchases must include a 3-year "parts-care" maintenance agreement. These items can be found by clicking on the "Special Products" section found on the upper right side of the Apple Store for UNT the web page. The parts-care agreements are included in all of the recommended systems bundles. Since MMS is an authorized Apple service center for UNT-owned Apple desktop and notebook computers, UNT purchasers should purchase "parts only AppleCare," which is less expensive than "complete" AppleCare.
Important Notes about creating an ePro Requisition:
- For Apple Purchases, the appropriate vendor in EIS is Apple Computer Inc, Vendor ID#0000006715
- Enter one special request line for each type of machine you wish to order. Any item that is individually priced on the Quote should have it's own line on the requisition.
- The category code for desktop computers <$5,000 is 204-53.
- The category code for desktop computers >$5,000 is 204-91.
- The category code for notebook computers <$5,000 is 204-66.
- The category code for notebook computers >$5,000 is 204-65.
- Electronically attach the Quote to your requisition
- In the justification summary list the following:
- Department Contact (your name) and complete telephone number.
- Quote Number received from the UNT Apple website or Apple Representative.
- Customer Agreement #SDD-DIR-891
- The computers will be used for: (who/what)
- Central Receiving please deliver to (building and room number)